Author Topic: Fixed stars conjunct the Dsc and IC on the objects list of the main screen  (Read 941 times)

Zagata

• View Profile
Hi Jean,

I noticed that Planetdance does not show the fixed stars conjunct the Dsc or IC when the stars are shown as objects to the right of the main chart. In other words, it shows them within the fixed stars module but not next to the main screen.

For example, if Sirius is conjunct the Dsc (please see attached file), or Regulus is conj the IC, one will not be able to see that immediately. I wanted to ask you: would it be a lot of work to add this function to Planetdance? Having it like this would be much easier on the eyes to see the major stars as soon as calculating the main chart.

I realize when can draw the stars in the wheel, but I have too many symbols in the wheel already and I like a lot the fact that I can enlarge the font of the objects to the right of the main chart.

Zagata

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I added IC/DC, please update.
Greetings from Groningen Netherlands <)))><.`.><(((>

Zagata

• View Profile
Hi Jean,

Thank you. I updated Planetdance but do not see the stars. Please see the attached file: Regulus on Dsc and Rigel on IC: 13 May 2021, 2.43 am, Greenwich, UK. Asc 5.41 Aquarius, Lahiri.

The fixed star module shows Regulus opposing the Asc and Rigel opposing the MC, but they are not shown in the listed stars to the right of the main chart. Spica and Arcturus are not conj the MC at 23.42 Sco because they are at 0 Libra. The Moon is indeed conj the 2 Hyadum stars.

Am I doing something wrong with the settings?

Zagata

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok, quite some bugs you found there Zagata,

- The stars in the column did not do sidereal for a sidereal horoscope, fixed, they should now be calculated for the same ayanamsha as a birthchart.
- Aspects with Ic/Dc in column are now listed as such (and not as aspects to As/Mc).
- Options - Settings - Fixed Stars has the options for the stars in the column, those are different from the ones in the module, it's actually quite tricky to get them to display the same stars indeed.
- Time - Fixed Stars can only be used to compare to a sidereal radix when global ayanamsha is set to the same as the radix, this is not a bug but a known issue.

I hope i got it all covered now.

Zagata

• View Profile
Thank you Jean,

I installed the update and Rigel is now indeed shown to be conjunct the IC, but Regulus is not shown to be conjunct the Dsc.

Please see attached file. It is the for the same chart as in the above post.

Zagata

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Regulus has declination 11.86 and the ascendant has -18 so it is ignored, set declination orb to 8 to see it.
I fixed another bug though in that stars column, please update.

Zagata

• View Profile
Hi Jean,

It works with this new update - Regulus is shown to be conjunct the Dsc. I am so glad  :)

I noticed a technical error - the star Rasalgethi, Alpha Hercules is shown to be at 22.17 Tau, Lahiri, conjunct the IC, but it is actually at 22.17 Sco, conjunct the MC. This switching of glyph is also present within the fixed stars module.

Zagata

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I also added an option for Ayanamsha to Time - Fixed stars, did you see?
That star is at 22 taurus in Lahiri, see the line below the current.

Zagata

• View Profile
Thank you Jean, I had not noticed you added that option to Ayanamsha.

Ras Algethi is in sidereal Scorpio, not Taurus. Here are 2 sources + an attached file that shows its position in tropical (2021) and Lahiri.

https://www.constellationsofwords.com/ras-algethi/

https://www.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Fixed_star_list

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
strange because the swiss ephemeris does give taurus. Can't do anything about it.
Handy list of stars on that astro com page but it does not list Algethi.

Zagata

• View Profile
I see. So in the case that another fixed star is not listed correctly, you can't make any changes?

Ras Algethi is listed on astro. That is why I quoted it as source. Please see attached screenshot from there.

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So in the case that another fixed star is not listed correctly, you can't make any changes?
I can but i would not know how, see for yourself c:\planetdance\eph\sefstars.txt

Ras Algethi ,alHer,ICRS,17,14,38.85818,+14,23,25.2262,-7.32,36.07,-32.09,9.07,3.06, 14, 3207

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
got it, there's a Ras Algethi in scorpio, and a RasAlgethi in taurus.

Zagata

• View Profile
Something is going on here. Notice that the screenshot you have attached shows a Ras Algethi star to be also in Taurus and yet also to be Alpha Hercules. This is a mistake. Hercules is close to Sagittarius and Scorpio constellations, not to Taurus.

Notice that Planetdance shows a Ras Algethi in Taurus, but it does not show the Ras Algethi in Sco. Even in the fixed stars module. At the same time, it correctly displays other stars such as Rigel and Alphard, which like Ras Algethi are also not on the ecliptic.

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, the same error as the stars in the column  >:(

June 17
- Horoscope - Fixed Stars and the fixed stars in the column were calculated tropical for sidereal horoscopes .
+ Added option for ayanamsha to Time - Fixed Stars.
+ Conjunctions with Desc/Ic are now also listed in the fixed stars column.

Note that for best result, set the options in settings fixed stars the same to those in horoscope fixed stars.
If a star does not show up where you expect it, uncheck Apply, (or see time - fixed stars for that date) and compare orb, magnitude and decl orb.

I have orb 2, magnitude 4 and decl 2, and for that 13/5/2021 lahiri i get 3 stars, mebsuta, sassin and simmah.