Author Topic: Fixed stars conjunct the Dsc and IC on the objects list of the main screen  (Read 942 times)

Zagata

• View Profile
Thank you Jean, I updated.

Yes, I have the same settings for the fixed star module and the fixed stars column. After checking some of the fixed stars, I wanted to let users know that the star Asellus Australis - Delta Cancer, is listed with this name in Settings/Fixed stars and in the fixed stars module, but in the fixed stars column it is given as Pushya. It is the same star - 14.52 Can, Lahiri.

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Zagata, please use my settings for orbs and magnitude, else i have to keep on adjusting, orb 2, magnitude 4 and decl 2.
Greetings from Groningen Netherlands <)))><.`.><(((>

Zagata

• View Profile
Jean,

I can't use an orb of 2 because it is way to wide and goes against the tradition. The earliest astrological sources all say to use a star within 1 degree.

The way I have set the fixed stars in Planetdance works great for me: 1 degree longitude, 0 declination and selected stars up to 4th magnitude.

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
if you set decl orb to 0 there are 41 stars for that horoscope and i see only 8 in your pics.
I'm getting a bit weary about this one..

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finally had a mind to look at this again. There's something funny with Pushya but i can't get my hands on it. It's not in time fixed stars, nor in horoscope fixed stars. I have seen a screenshot from you where it was in the column but can't reproduce it. If you can, let me know, please also include a screenshot from settings fixed stars.

Zagata

• View Profile
Here is the screenshot again, Jean.

And here is the data: 17 Jun 2021 0h.07m.45s Halle, Germany 8E22, 52N04.

Asc 14.13 Cap, Lahiri

I suppose the reason you are getting many more stars than my list is because, while I am using stars up to magnitude 4, orb 1, declination 0, I am not using all them but a selection of about 80 stars.

I can't explain why it shows Pushya in the column and Asellus Australis in the fixed stars module, but it is the same star, so everything is fine.

I found the 2nd Ras Algethi star, the one in Tau in the list and removed it. Now Planetdance only shows the correct one in Sco with my settings. I have attached a screenshot which shows which one to remove.

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for your patience, i was going nuts over this one.
Somehow swiss ephemeris does not always give the same name for a star. Fixed now, the name Pushya is gone, it's Asellus Australis everywhere now.

Zagata

• View Profile
My pleasure. Thank you again for offering such great software.