Author Topic: The placement of Earth in the chart and how Planetdance handles this  (Read 3080 times)

fsorganizing

• View Profile
Lately, I've been wondering more about where the true degree placement of Earth is in my natal chart and where Earth is transiting in my chart. What I get from my spiritual wisdom is that each sign/constellation is ruled by a different planet (Sun and Moon included), and that no sign/constellation shares a planetary rulership. Please bear with me...I'm building my case...

Recently, I've watched educational presentations talking about Planet X, and that astronomers expect to find its whereabouts soon! They theorize Planet X's orbit to be much farther out than any of the other planets, and that it is larger than any of the other planets. The most obvious choice for the planetary rulership of Libra is Planet X.

After many years of searching for "astrological truth", I now have found the answers that truly work for me when tracking my own astrological cycles: I incorporate 1) Lahiri sidereal calculations to all charts (Procession of the Equinoxes), and 2) true star chart-calculated sign/constellation widths, totaling 360 degrees. [I can send these degree placements (where the constellations truly begin and end) to whomever requests them!] Once anyone makes both of these amendments, then all the puzzle pieces start to come together, and astrological cycles and timings finally CORRELATE and make more sense! Now that I have been observing and following these newer calculations for several years, I can feel the tremendous energy of Libra whenever the Moon or the Sun go into this sign. Libra is just as powerful as Aries, and the energy seems to express in a more confrontational way than in a peace-loving way!

Virgo, in the past, has been said to be co-ruled by Mercury. But now I feel that the most obvious choice for its planetary rulership is Earth. In both my tropical and my sidereal birth chart, the Sun is in Virgo (this is due to the fact that Virgo, along with Pisces, is one of the two widest constellations in the zodiac). Earth cannot be left out, and without a sign/constellation to rule because it is still a vital planetary entity of the solar system! Of course, Taurus and Venus line up so perfectly, that I would not even want to break up this relationship!

Anyway, I'm writing all of this to you because I'm attempting to find out the true degree placement of Earth in my birth chart so that I can track it. Unfortunately, there are discrepancies in Planetdance that I would like your help with. When I do a startup chart, the Earth symbol can be seen in the chart. Then, when I do the menus: Horoscope --> Calculation --> Heliocentric, the heliocentric-calculated chart shows Earth as being exactly opposite of the degree and sign of the Sun (tropical). In other words, the tropical startup chart shows Earth in a totally different degree and sign. Another point: I am aware that many other astrologers disagree about the degree placement of Earth, and some say that it's technically incorrect to place Earth at the opposite degree and sign of the Sun. Others say that Earth is technically at the center of the chart and should not show up as an entity in the chart. How do you have the algorithm set up in Planetdance to calculate the degree and sign where Earth belongs in the chart? What do you base this calculation on? And finally, I would imagine that in a true heliocentric chart, the Sun's position would show as being in all signs/constellations at once, or no signs/constellations because it stays at the center of the solar system and does not have an orbit.

Thanks so much for your help and assistance with my journey quest!
Michael Colors

ABer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The placement of Earth in the chart and how Planetdance handles this
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 07:17:54 AM »
Hi there - thanks for joining the forum. The first thing to check is how you are identifying the placement of the earth in the startup chart. I don't think Planetdance has a specific glyph for the earth (correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't find this in the objects list or settings). I wonder if you are seeing the glyph for the Part of Fortune as the earth in the start up chart.

Best wishes. Ed

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 07:55:08 AM »
In heliocentric horoscope planetdance uses the pars glyph in stead of the sun in the wheel. It was a request to not use the sun's symbol there.
Greetings from Groningen Netherlands <)))><.`.><(((>

ABer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 08:23:43 AM »
Thanks Jean - that's helpful to know. Ed