Author Topic: Setting up a new house system on planetdance  (Read 367 times)

Tatyana

• View Profile
Setting up a new house system on planetdance
« on: September 01, 2021, 01:02:10 PM »
I was wondering whether you (anyone who can - Ed??!!) could set up a new 12 division system for me on Planetdance using the AC DC MC IC as tent pegs within the angular spaces. The 12 divisions show energetic possibilities, connected to the characteristic power of the angles. I do not call them houses but rather fields of focus. I have been using this method for a while and it has been quite accurate for judging the power of planets and fixed stars as well as highlighting what their focus in a life might be. It honours the findings of Michel Gauquelin, as well as Ptolemy, Witte and Ebertin amongst others

1. Divide the space between AC and IC/DC and MC (anticlockwise) into 6 equal parts.

2. Divide the space between IC and DC/MC and AC (anticlockwise) into 6 equal parts.

H1 the 1/6th part before and the 1/6th part after the AC
H4 the 1/6th part before and the 1/6th part after the IC
H7 the 1/6th part before and the 1/6th part after the DC
H11 the 1/6th part before and the 1/6th part after the MC

H3, H6, H9, H12  all begin at the midpoint between the angles and extend 2/6ths of their quadrant. This

H2, H5, H8, H11 all begin 1/6th of the quadrant between the angles counterclockwise and extend 2/6ths of their quadrant.

Please could you let me know if you got this email and whether or not you would be happy to help me on this.

Thank you very much

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up a new house system on planetdance
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 01:46:17 PM »
Hi Tatyana,

Does this system have a name? I always hesitate to include systems that are uncommon, planetdance is big enough as it is.
Or maybe you want this for yourself only?
Do you have programming experience yourself? Maybe you could write your own script.

Edit: there's also horoscope - various - equal housesystem, it could fit in there..
Greetings from Groningen Netherlands <)))><.`.><(((>

ABer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 06:42:04 PM »
Hi Tatyana - I'm always interested in new ideas around house systems so this is intriguing. I don't quite follow your notation however.

Are you suggesting to divide below the horizon into six equal parts, and above the horizon into six equal parts or to divide the eastern and western hemispheres into six equal parts each.

Or perhaps I haven't understood this at all.

Perhaps you could calculate a set of cusps and list the degrees here.

Thanks. Ed

vmudd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 09:08:30 AM »
Hi Tatyana.
I think your House System is similar, perhaps even identical to the "Sripati" House System already on Planetdance.
Like you, I wanted to create a system which had the angles within their respective houses and an equal division of the quadrants for the other houses. I worked one out which gave the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th houses each 30 degrees, which I think your system also does.
Believing I'd invented a new house system I called it the "Love" system. Some time later I was checking other house systems in Solar Fire, which I used at that time, and found one called "Hindu Bhava" which gave the same cusps as mine, so I learnt that I'd actually kind of re-invented that system.
I now use Planetdance, and also by chance, when looking at the systems available on it, could not find "Hindu Bhava" but found that "Sripati" gives the same cusps and is effectively the same system under a different name. I found a page about someone calles Sripati on Wikipedia and I'm sure he was the originator of the system. I've not found the Wiki article on "Hindu Bhava" which used to describe the system, I reckon it's been removed.
Incidentally, you may be interested that the Sripati cusps are the midpoints of the Porphyry houses, Porphyry being a system which also trisects the quadrants to give the houses.
I hope you find this useful, and if Sripati is not the same as your system, that you can find a way to get yours added to Planetdance.
Warm Regards
Chris Love (aka vmudd, short for Virgil Mudd, my astrology nickname).

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 12:07:33 PM »
Thanks for the clarifying post Chris.

ABer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 05:35:19 PM »
Hi Chris - thanks for this interesting email. I had wondered about this as well. The other system that came to mind was Walter Pullen's Neo-Porphyry systems - Sinusoidal Delta and Sinusoidal Ratio.

https://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_owhouse_e.htm

Best wishes. Ed

Tatyana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 01:38:14 PM »
Hello Everyone kind enough to reply - Ed,  Jean and especially Chris, who directed me to Sripati/Bhava

I received a notification from you Chris Love (do you prefer virgil mudd?) by email but not from Ed and Jean, which is why I did not make an earlier repsonse. Thank you all

This is what I found on Wiki

The principle of House Division introduced in Sripathi Bhāva System is described as follows: "In the Sripathi system the 1st house cusp is the Lagna, and the 7th house cusp is the Descendant opposite it, the 10th house cusp is at the MC (Medium Coeli or Madhya Lagna), i.e. Zenith, and the 4th house cusp is at the IC (Imum Coeli or Patala Lagna) i.e. Nadir. The four quarters divided thus should be divided into three equal parts each, and thus we find the 12 house cusps in Sripathi system. To find the Bhava Sandhis (meeting points of houses) we should divide the distance between the house cusps into halves."[2]

What I am suggesting does not have the angular houses 1 4 7 10 begin at the axes as it says above. Rather each axis is enveloped in the angular houses. It gives notice of rightful radiating energetic power to the 4 axes.

I suggest taking each quadrant starting at one axis to the next and dividing it by 6.

So let us say AC is 29 Sco 53 and IC is 23 Pis 48 = 113'55"/6 = 19'

:. MC --> AC = 66'05"/6 = 11' - the size of each 1/6

H1 cusp = (29 Sco 53 - 11'00") 18 Sco 53. H1 envelops the AC, starting at a 1/6 quadrant MC/AC from the AC and finishing a 1/6  of the quadrant AC/IC from the AC

:. H1  18 Sco 53 - 18 Sag 53 & H7 18 Tau 53 - 18 Gem 53

H2 cusp = (29 Sco 53 +19'00") 18 Sag 53 and encloses the next 2/6 parts (18'53 + 19' + 19' = 56'53) --> 26 Cap 53
:. H2 18 Sag 53 - 26 Cap 53 & H2 18 Gem 53 - 26 Can 53

H3 cusp = 26 Cap 53 and encloses the next 2/6 parts (26'53 + 19 + 19 = 64'53) --> 4 Pis 53
:. H3 26 Cap 53 - 4 Pis 53 & H3 26 Can 53 - 4 Vir 53

[H3 cusp is also mid point between AC & IC 113'55/2 = 57'00"                  29 Sco 53 (AC) + 57'00" = 26 Cap 53"]
[Mid point between all 4 axes is always in the same degree of the same quality - cardinal, fixed or mutable]
[In this example, the midpoints between the axes lie on 26'53" of the 4 Cardinal signs]

H4 cusp is 4 Pis 53, encompasses the IC at 23 Pis 48 and finishes 30' later at 4' Ari 53 H5 cusp
Angular houses are 30'.

IC - DC 23 Pis 48 - 29 Tau 53 = 66'05"/6 = 11' per part

H6 cusp has to be 26 Ari 53

H7 cusp is 2/6 of quadrant IC/DC ( = 22') further around the zodiac from 26 Ari 53 = 18 Tau 53

And so on ...

I do not think it is the same as I not from the Sripati house data that MC and AC are used as house cusp H10 and H1 respectively.

The axes are electromagnetic points that are felt before and after exactitude. We are pulled by them before they 'land'. It makes sense that if AC/DC is in H1/7 then MC/IC is in H10/4 as angular houses with roots in the external world. Also the work of Michel Gauquelin supports it.

I call these divisions 'force fields' because the effect is radiated from the axes to the downpoint of the midpoints between the axes where the energy is stilled to the point of stagnant, stuck between the radiation of the 2 axes it mediates. It works very well.

Thank you all for your very generous help and time spent.

Tatyana

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 02:52:45 PM »
Hi Tatyana,
You should have received notifications, maybe the forum had a problem with sending mail, it sometimes has.
I will leave the technical issues to Chris and Ed, good luck.
Jean

ABer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 09:42:27 PM »
Hi Tatyana - thanks for the reply. It's helpful to see the calculation. Let's keep the maths simple!

At around 47-48 North, 00 Pisces is on the MC and 00 Cancer rises. This means that the angle MC-ASC is 120 degrees (DSA - diurnal semi-arc) and angle ASC-IC is 60 degrees (nocturnal semi-arc).

Six equal divisions of the DSA = 20 degrees per division.
Six equal divisions of the NSA = 10 degrees per division.

Now Porphyry makes 3 equal divisions of the same arcs.

So with Porphyry we have three equal divisions of the DSA = 40 degrees per division.
Three equal divisions of the NSA = 20 degrees per division.

Now Porphyry cusps are:

H1 = 00 Cancer
H2 = 20 Cancer
H3 = 10 Leo
H4 = 00 Virgo
H5 = 10 Libra
H6 = 20 Scorpio
H7 = 00 Capricorn
H8 = 20 Capricorn
H9 = 10 Aquarius
H10 = 00 Pisces
H11 = 10 Aries
H12 = 20 Taurus

Your cusps are:

H1 = 10 Gemini
H2 = 10 Cancer
H3 = 00 Leo
H4 = 20 Leo
H5 = 20 Virgo
H6 = 00 Scorpio
H7 = 10 Sagittarius
H8 = 10 Capricorn
H9 = 00 Aquarius
H10 = 20 Aquarius
H11 = 20 Pisces
H12 = 00 Taurus

Now midpoint Porphyry houses:

H1 = 00 Cancer (10 Cancer)
H2 = 20 Cancer (00 Leo)
H3 = 10 Leo (20 Leo)
H4 = 00 Virgo (20 Virgo)
H5 = 10 Libra (00 Scorpio)
H6 = 20 Scorpio (10 Sagittarius)
H7 = 00 Capricorn (10 Capricorn)
H8 = 20 Capricorn (00 Aquarius)
H9 = 10 Aquarius (20 Aquarius)
H10 = 00 Pisces (20 Pisces)
H11 = 10 Aries (00 Taurus)
H12 = 20 Taurus (10 Gemini)

Please do check my calculations and accept my apologies if I have not fully understood your reasoning. However, I think it is very likely that the 'cusps' you have been using are the midpoints of the Porphyry houses.

The following chart is cast for the approximate latitude that gives the cusps above in Porphyry.

The following chart is cast for the same latitude with Sripati.

I think Chris is right that you have been using Sripati cusps which are the midpoints of the Porphyry houses.

I hope that helps. Thanks for your interest in Planetdance.

Ed

Tatyana

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 11:36:10 AM »
Dear Ed

You are absolutely right. My method is Sripati's. I was thrown off by the wiki description and the fact that my natal chart sripati style was not correlating (my oversight it turns out)

I would like to thank you for all the effort you put in to showing me. And I am also excited to be able to use the cusps that make sense to me. I shall now start reading about Sripati.

Planetdance is a superb resource for us all. Thank you for your part in that ( and, of course, to J Cremers)and in making me wiser.

Enjoy the day

Tatyana

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 11:38:58 AM »
Dear Chris Love aka vmudd

I just wanted to thank you for putting me in the right direction. After a mess of my own making, I am happy to say that Sripati is indeed 'my' system and that I can now use it with ease on planetdance. You are very clever to notice and I am very fortunate that you did.

Enjoy the day

Tatyana

vmudd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 12:27:12 PM »
Hi Tatyana.
I'm glad to see your resolution and to have played a part in helping you to that.
Ciao for now,
Chris. ("Virgil Mudd" comes from my birth chart stellium in Virgo and 11 "planets" in earth or water signs, plus a reference to original series Star Trek).

ABer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 05:53:11 PM »
No problem Tatyana - the forum is a good place to learn. I'm glad that we've been able to clarify the system you are using. If you want to report on your experiences using Sripati, you could post something in the Planetdance in Action section. Thanks to Chris also for his input.

All the best. Ed