Author Topic: Progressing Solar return angles?  (Read 912 times)

volker

Re: Progressing Solar return angles?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2022, 07:05:14 AM »
Hey Lisha,
I fear your joy was too early.
I just couldn't understand why it should go so easily and tried a few dates again.
I think it's because the signs rise at different speeds and everything is moved forward at the same rate in the direction.
If you can't persuade Jean to write a daily direction module, I think you'll have to tinker.
See graphics.

ABer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022, 08:35:57 AM »
Hi Volker - the first issue is likely to be the time and location used to calculate the angles. The angles in the PD chart are calculated for the time of the solar return and the place of the solar, which in this case is the same as the birthplace. This would be my preferred option. The other set of data is calculated for a different time and/or a different time zone, or so it looks to me. The angles in this case will, of course, not match the PD angles. Without knowing how the other software makes this calculation its difficult to know how the programmer arrives at the differences. It is likely that the programmer is either moving the MC by true solar arc (the distance the Sun moves on the day in question) or naibod arc (the daily average motion the Sun which is around 59 degrees 8 minutes of arc).

It's worth looking at the small module that Jean wrote: Time-Tools-ASC MC Statistics. This calculates the proportion of time that the MC and ASC spend in each sign for the latitude of the chart. The further north or south one travels the wider the variation in ASC rising times, until towards the poles some degrees and signs don't rise at all. Each degree of the MC culminates at roughly the same rate (with minor variation only).

Ed

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2022, 08:42:29 AM »
Daily direction module? What's the difference with the buttons to advance a day?

I'm quite busy, first thing is fixing the extra biwheel module.
Greetings from Groningen Netherlands <)))><.`.><(((>

ABer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2022, 09:08:24 AM »
Hi Jean - see my reply above. It's likely to be either true solar arc or naibod arc. Ed

volker

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2022, 09:39:50 AM »
Ed, I totally agree with you. You have to know exactly what you want to calculate. It's all very complicated.

Maybe that helps Lisha : If I take daily direction in astroplus with naibod, the results with progression - diurnal in PD are the closest. See grafik.
I get the same headaches from all this stuff that I got dealing with the housing problem years ago.

Is something for people who enjoy mathematics and celestial mechanics.

postscript:

I believe morin used 1 degree RA (right ascension) of medium coeli equal to one day (4min= 1 day) for solar horoscope releases.
However, the difference to the calculation with Naibod is very small for one year.

Diurnal: "For this purpose, a horoscope is created for the time and place of birth, only the date is different. It is that of the desired day.
With this traditional calculation, the daily progress of the horoscope axes (AC; MC) corresponds to the daily progress of the sidereal time."

But that would have to work with the duplicating, right?
The whole thing is just a time zone problem, isn't it?

For Lisha:

In summary, I would recommend:
Create solar then progression-diurnal and date as solar, then BiWeel alt and then click on day by day, month by month.

For everything else you need to ask Jean and Ed.
Nice Weekend.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:28:04 PM by volker »

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2022, 02:26:57 PM »
- Januari 29
- Fixed problem with File - Synastry - Bi Wheel Extra
Changed the menu, see pic. Horoscope 1, the inner one, (and the right column) can be anything but it won't move when you press the arrows.
Horoscope 2 is same as before.

volker

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2022, 10:43:22 AM »
When I use Progession-Symbolic Directions,
in the last item, User value, I could choose any direction progress myself. :)
I can choose a date, but I have no possibility to go correctly forward or backward in time in the calculated radix. :(
Is it possible to change this?
Or could this function be added to the Bi-Tri-Weels, if that is easier ?

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2022, 10:58:15 AM »
I can choose a date, but I have no possibility to go correctly forward or backward in time in the calculated radix. :(

No, these are independant.
Enhancing the synastry scripts, i don't feel much like it sorry.

volker

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2022, 07:06:50 AM »
No, these are independant.

I have one more question of understanding.

A synastry with the birth chart and time switching would only be possible within the module?

Because there are directions on the ecliptic and in the BiWeel progressions by means of right ascension of the MC?

Or is there another reason?

Jean

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2022, 07:51:59 AM »
Going back and forth is only possible if there is data to do that, for a plain progression this data is stored within the horoscope but not for things like the symbolic ones, there you just have to calculate a new one.

Lisha

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2022, 08:54:32 PM »
Hi - there's something along these lines in Medieval Traditional Chart under the Forecasting menu item. Thanks. Ed

I forgot about this thread but just come across it again from using the search engine regarding this same query, as I still have the same dilemma. But after reading through the replies, I've just tried out your suggestion, and I'm sure this should work. I have a prediction for the end of August with this method, so if it works I will update. ;)